Welcome to the TU Dublin Library Services. We hope that you find all the information that you need in these pages. We also produce a more detailed Information Booklet (available as Gaeilge or English) which you will receive during your Induction (or you can pick it up in the library). You can find information about Opening Hours and other up to date information on our Blog or Twitter. Or check out our Visual Art FAQs.
We understand that as distance education students you may not be able to visit the library as often as other students. In light of this, we provide services specific to distance education students.
- A dedicated person from the library will be your contact throughout your studies.
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any related questions.
- One-on-one information sessions on topics such as: how to use the library databases, accessing and using journals, Word formatting for assignments and dissertations.
- Introduction to the library as part of induction.
- A tour of the library
- Introduction to the resources available.
- Classes on how to use the e-resources available through the library (databases, e-journals, e-books, developing search strategies, and evaluating information).
- Sessions held in TU Dublin Library or online.
- The School of Creative Arts provides a book collection and delivery service (books will be collected from the library and brought down to Sherkin for students).
- Operates once every 2 months (approximately). You will be informed of delivery/collection dates (and latest dates for requesting books).
- Borrow up to 6 books at any one time.
- Find the book details (Author, Title, Publication Date, and Call Number) on the catalogue.
- Books in the main collection only.
- Reference items (those with Library Use Only stickers/Journals/Dissertations) cannot be borrowed but can be looked at in the library.
- Email details to email@example.com or fill in the Book Request Form
- Books already out on loan will be put on hold for you. You will be notified when they are returned.
- Books issued onto student's library account.
- Students are responsible for all books on individual accounts.
- Book returns outside the delivery/collection schedule will have to be arranged by students themselves and any fines will have to be paid.
- No borrowing until all overdue books are returned and fines are down to €3 or less.
- Fines can be paid by cash/card. Card payments are taken over the phone or in person.
- Check student email for any correspondence from the library.
- Students in breach of Library Regulations will not be able to avail of this service.
- All Graduands must return all books and pay all outstanding fines or they will not be able to graduate.
- Dedicated page for all Art and Design resources.
- Excellent one-stop-shop.
- Gives access to:
~ Print and Online Journals
~ Art and Design Databases
~ New books relevant to Art and Design
~ All Art and Design Dissertations
~ BA Visual Art Programme Document
- Available here
- Print versions available in the library.
- Shelved alphabetically by author's surname.
- Can be searched for on the library catalogue.
- Consulted in the library only.